If you know someone that likes dolphins then what better gift could you give them than a gold dolphin necklace
and gold dolphin earring
s. Made out of sterling silver your lover will really appreciate the time and care that has gone into making this quality piece of silver jewellery.
Silver has been known since ancient times and has long been valued as a precious metal, used to make ornaments, jewellery, high-value tableware and utensils and currency coins. Mined right back in 4000BC in Turkey which was then called Anatolia, the main source of silver now is from Peru and Mexico. To the Egyptians, gold was considered to be the perfect metal, and gave the symbol of a circle to it. Since silver was the next best to gold in terms of perfection, it was given a semi-circle for it's symbol. This semi-circle later changed through time and led to a moon symbol, due to the similarity between the shining metal being like the glowing moon light. The Romans gave silver the name of argentum, which is still used today as the international name of the element, from where its chemical symbol of Ag comes from.
Commercial-grade fine silver is at least 99.9% pure silver, and purities greater than 99.999% are available. In silver jewellery a purity of 92.5% is used as above this and the silver jewellery becomes too soft and would not withstand everyday wear. This is where the term 925 silver comes from representing 925 parts silver out of 1000 with the other 7.5% traditionally made from copper. Silver is also mixed with gold to make white gold and is recently becoming more popu
Amanda own's Amandas Silver Boutique, a silver jewellery company based in the UK. Check out the online shop at www.amandassilverboutique.com